Kabul – Following the second attack on Shia worshipers in a week in Afghanistan, the United Nations in response, says that terrorism is still active in Afghanistan.
On Friday, October 15, the UN in a statement has described the suicide attack on Shia worshipers at the Bibi Fatima Mosque, the first district of Kandahar city as cruel, and demanded that the perpetrators would be brought to justice.
The US Department of State has also intensely condemned the attack in a statement, saying that Afghans have the right to live in security and peace.
Meanwhile, the Russian foreign ministry spokesperson, Maria Vladimirovna Zakharova, said on Friday, October 15 that the organizers of such attacks intend to intensify the religious disputes and internal conflicts among Afghans.
“We condemn such inhuman terrorist measures, and we expect that the organizers of these attacks must be identified and punished truly,” she added.
The permanent representatives of Afghanistan in the UN have also condemned the suicide attacks on Bibi Fatima Mosque, and the last week’s attack in Kunduz.
The attack on Shia worshipers in Kandahar killed 62 and injured 68 others, Bakhter News Agency reported.
The Taliban has described the attack on Shia worshipers in Kandahar as an atrocity crime, adding that they are investigating the attacks, and they would bring the perpetrators to justice.
The Islamic State in Khorasan Province (IS-KP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Meanwhile, the same attack happened in Kunduz province by IS-KP in the last week which killed 150 and wounded 200 others.
Republished from 8 AM. AF